Firstly, you should read the rent recognition eligibility criteria.
To successfully register for rent recognition, we will ask you to provide the following information during the sign-up process:
- The address of the rental property
- The amount of your rent per month
- The date on which you pay your rent each month
- We will use our AI technology to automatically pick up the above information from your transaction history. If we cannot do that, we’ll ask you to input it manually.
- The start date of your tenancy agreement (month and year)
- If your tenancy has a defined end date you can enter this during the sign-up process. If you are on a rolling tenancy, or you expect to continue on the tenancy on the same terms past the end date, you can leave this field blank.
- The name of the company or person who you pay your rent to. This must be the same person listed in the UK land registry as the legal owner of the property of which you are a tenant. If you are unsure what to put here, we recommend contacting your landlord to check.
If you don’t pay your rent to the landlord, but to a fellow tenant who pays it on your behalf, please see here.